A free HMRC tax app is available to taxpayers.
The APP can be used to see:
- your tax code and National Insurance number
- an estimate of the tax you need to pay
- your income and benefits
- up to 12 future tax credits payments
- your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) for Self-Assessment
The APP can also be used to complete a number of tasks that usually require the user to be logged on to a computer.
- renew your tax credits
- access your Help to Save account
- using HMRC’s tax calculator to work out your take home pay after Income Tax and National Insurance deductions
- track forms and letters sent to HMRC
- get 6-digit access codes to make your HMRC accounts more secure
- claim a refund if you’ve paid too much tax
- update your postal address
- tell HMRC about changes that might affect your tax credits
The APP is available to download on an iPhone or any compatible android style smartphone.